£30000 - £32000 per annum
My client is a leading manufacturer of multi-award-winning audio equipment. Comprising of seven brands, they have an extensive portfolio providing both home and commercial music products and furniture.
Due to the retirement of one of the prominent staff members in the team, the business would like to recruit an Area Sales Manager to cover the Midlands/ North of England patch, working alongside the UK Head of Sales. This is a field based role with regular national travel.
The successful candidate for this role will be commercially astute, with a keen interest or background in music and a proven track record in sales.
- To achieve monthly and annual area targets within the 'Custom Installation' and 'Consumer Product" audio market
- Working closely with the UK Head of Sales to create, develop and review detailed sales plans and strategies, designed to achieve the highest return from every customer whilst delivering the best possible brand representation
- Maintain a close relationship with top "A" accounts at head office and branch level, and effectively manage "B" and "C" accounts
- Liaise with Telesales Team and Brand Management team to ensure all accounts are being targeted with activity at key times.
- Implement brand strategies as directed within the customer base to maximise sales utilising available marketing and support resources
- Manage call rates and effective journey planning, as well as telesales and mail out activity. Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook skills essential
- Use analytical skills with the available sales data to identify sales strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Provide a weekly report identifying dealer visits and other activities, and highlight new business opportunities
- To ensure a good technical understanding and be able to present/demonstrate all relevant products
- Work with customers to understand their key levers and tailor individual sales plans and activities around their business. Use intuition to identify opportunities to grow the Armour Brands' representation and sales, achieving best ROI on any activity. This may involve organising events, delivering training sessions etc.
- The role will require attendance at Trade Shows, sometimes at weekends and/or out of hours.
- A drive and determination to achieve, and exceed sales targets
- High level of analytical and planning skill
- A 'completer-finisher' who delivers on objectives and tasks set out by sales management
- Great time management and organisational skills
- A solid sales and commercial acumen
- Good technical grounding of consumer electronics products
- Great interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Ability to work and collaborate with other members across the sales force such as the south of England counterpart and sales support
- An attention to detail
- A drive to adhere to UK Team Values such as "professionalism, excellence, trust and respect".
- Valid UK Driving Licence.