£17000 - £21000 per annum
Medical & Life Sciences
Asbestos Laboratory Analyst
Location - West Yorkshire
Salary - £17,000 to £21,000
Our client is a Yorkshire based, entrepreneurial asbestos management, civil engineering and risk assessment services business, with high potential for growth and a management team committed to investment, development, and growth of the business.
Role - Asbestos Laboratory Analyst:
An opportunity is available for an Asbestos Analyst to provide analytical works within their laboratory, to ensure that the bulk identification of asbestos is carried out in accordance with current HSE legislation & guidance and to provide support to management to ensure compliance to BS/EN ISO 17025:2005.
Reporting into the Laboratory Technical Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Testing of bulk samples in accordance with HSE HSG 248 "The analyst guide".
- To ensure samples are stored away safely and in an easily retrievable secure location for 6 months.
- To ensure the fume cabinet and laboratory is clean.
- To ensure Cargille Liquids are in use date.
- To ensure correct air flow of the cabinet.
- Must be conversant with the MCP QMS system and objectives in compliance with BS EN ISO 9001:2015.
- Record your daily work allocation
- Effective client liaison.
- Attend in-house & external pre-start and review meetings as required by the asbestos Laboratory operations manager.
- Book in all suspected asbestos containing samples.
- Produce legally compliant asbestos documentation, such as test certificates, for use in pricing and effective operation delivery.
- Attend in-house & external review meetings as required by the asbestos Laboratory operations manager.
- Carry out all other associated duties as instructed by the management team.
Candidate - Asbestos Laboratory Analyst:
The ideal applicant will need to demonstrate the following:
- BOHS P401 qualification or RSPH Asbestos Bulk Analysis (PLM) or higher
- A general background in the asbestos industry
- Commutable to West Yorkshire