Kevin Edward Executive Search provides executive recruitment consultancy to niche market sectors,
both within the UK and Internationally. Find out more…
Salary: $60,000 to $90,000
We are currently recruiting for a BioAnalytical Scientist to be based in Michigan, for a full service contract testing laboratory, that work with companies around the world to provide detailed analytical services to a number of industries, such as pharmaceutical, consumer products and medical devices.
Desired skills for this position:
• Proven lead scientist skills demonstrated by acting as main driver on bioanalytical projects involving quantification, data summary and reporting.
• Small molecule bioanalytical experience
• Expert knowledge of applicable lab techniques and quantitative bioanalysis, such as, Sample Extraction Techniques using Protein Precipitation, Liquid-Liquid, and Solid Phase extraction.
• Demonstrated proficiency with validation, experimental design, troubleshooting, and method development as required by department.
• Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain LC-MS/MS and other analytical equipment
• Evaluation of pharmaceutical properties, including solubility and stability
• Full understanding of laboratory requirements, SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
• Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
• Full theoretical and hands-on understanding and knowledge of general chemistry and separation science
• Experience with LC/MS, LC, biomarker
• Skilled at method development and validation
• Ability to independently review and understand project proposals/plans
• Proven ability in technical writing skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
• Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
• Time management and project management skills.
• Willingness and ability to provide procedural training and coaching
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification (chemistry, biochemistry preferred)
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
• Masters Degree + 8 years' experience
• Or PhD and 6+ years ' experience