Medical & Life Sciences
LOCATION: UK / EUROPE & Salar DOE + Bonus + Package
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Business Development Manager serves as the commercial representative who is directly responsible for planning, directing and executing an industry-focused field sales strategy; delivering profitable sales growth for his/her market; and visiting clients face-to-face to drive growth.
This individual will embody a strong personal character coupled with a broad business acumen and intellect, vital competencies essential to navigating complex and dynamic market conditions. Major responsibilities include growing revenue and the opportunity pipeline; developing the business of science; and driving growth in all categories of our client's services, mainly; contract research for ecotoxicology, environmental fate and metabolism, analytical and residue chemistry as well as environmental chemistry for agro-chemicals and pesticides.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
- Primary objective is driving orders and establishing market share dominance for the businesses. Experience within ecotoxicology, environmental fate and metabolism, residue chemistry or environmental chemistry within agro-chemicals and pesticides is essential.
- Creates a culture of competitiveness and winning. Sets a high bar for competitive account conversions and CRO Consultative Services sales.
- Demonstrates knowledge of international product registration requirements (i.e., ECHA, EFSA, EMA, EPA), GLP Toxicology services, and legislation impacting the industrial chemical industry.
- Engages existing and prospective clients through face-to-face interactions with a heightened emphasis on new, prospective client engagement.
- Sets the strategic direction for key accounts. Prioritizes and builds successful target and strategic account playbooks, successfully plans and executes strategy to achieve growth.
- Develops a collaborative relationship with peers, marketing and other support functions.
- Uses sales metrics and reporting tools to drive new growth and enhance team performance.
- Assesses current sales alignment and territory/industry coverage.
- Co-travels in territory quarterly with the company's VP of Sales or Corporate Director of Business Development
- Utilizes CRM to track opportunities; embraces sales tools to plan for customer engagements, manage opportunities, penetrate accounts and identify decision makers.
- Adheres to Sales Tenets.
- Applies customer centric selling behaviors and philosophies.
Regional & Global Experience.
Professional and Personal Continuous Development.
- Holds self and others accountable for keeping commitments, maintaining standards and achieving business or functional goals; does not tolerate mediocrity and addresses poor performance.
- Takes on new challenges and responsibilities to achieve functional, organizational and person goals all while modeling the companies Ethics, Mission, Employees and values.
- Builds and maintains a diverse personal network of internal and external relationships and resources.
- Addresses conflict and other barriers to collaboration directly and constructively, adapting to cultural norms and expectations when appropriate.
- Shares best practices with team to ensure overall team success.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Preferably science related discipline (biochemistry/chemistry/biology/environmental science)
- Advanced Degree (Master's or MBA) would be beneficial but not essential.
- Preferably five years of Service Sales, Business Development, or Consulting experience.
- Concentrated focus in industrial chemical or agrochemical industries; Ideally selling CRO services.
- 60% out-of-office travel
- Face-to-Face Onsite Client Meetings (6-8 per month).
- Attending Industry and Professional Trade Meetings & Conferences.
- International Travel, as required.