Engineering & Industrial
Role: COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR – INDUSTRIAL Safety & Survey Equipment Hire
Salary: c£90,000-£100,000 basic, + bonus/package
Location: - Flexible – National and European Coverage
Role - COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR – INDUSTRIAL Safety & Survey Equipment Hire
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading safety, survey, communications & test & measurement equipment companies in the UK. The role is a newly created position as part of a wider strategy to expand the business into new market sectors and offer a further project based solution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective strategy to develop high end contracts in new areas and make sure that any contract win is suitably managed contractually and operationally.
You will lead the Business Development to secure project wins into these new sectors, supported by a team of 3 Business Development Managers and you will front up all bids and tenders. The role will oversee its own P+L and will have 7 direct reports as well as a larger matrix style reporting line beneath you. The position offers the chance to grow a business unit and scale it to your own desire and reports to the Managing Director as well as offering future career development opportunities.
- You will need to be a strategic, commercial leader and have proven experience of delivering on this kind of role in the past. The role requires someone who will bring their own ideas and strategies to the business.
- Industry background is not essential, although someone from a related Hire background or Service led background would be advantageous.
- It is essential that you have led and secured bids into new market sectors, particularly Industrial type sectors, such as Oil & Gas, Marine and Petrochemical.
- It would be beneficial that you have experience of acquisitions, as this is likely to be a key component of the role, as they look to expand into new market sectors.
- You will need to be degree educated.
- The location for the role is flexible, but you must be committed to frequent travel across the UK & Europe.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your current CV with a covering letter.