Commissioning Engineer -
Commissioning of food industry equipment and supervision of electrical installation on customers' sites around the world to ensure that the equipment functions to the required specification and that quality and health & safety standards are met within the allocated time and budgeted cost.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To commission machinery so that its mechanical, electrical, software and process functions perform to the contract specification.
- Programming and fault finding software for a variety of PLC platforms.
- When required, to supervise other engineers on site either employed or contracted by Baker Perkins or by the customer.
- To communicate with the customer throughout the commissioning stage of a project.
- To produce a regular report of site activities detailing progress and highlighting any issues such as technical problems, site delays, customer's comments etc. concluding in a debrief on return from site and a contract completion report.
The above to be carried out anywhere in the world for periods of up to 6 weeks to suit the needs of the business.
- To support Technical and Customer Services in the office and on site.
- To assist with manufacture and testing of equipment within our factory.
- To help research and develop new products in the Innovation Centre.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work alone but still be part of a team.
- Experience of installing and commissioning machinery in either the Bread, Biscuit, Confectionery, Cereal, Snack or Industrial Extrusion sectors.
- Knowledge of programming and fault finding on:
- Rockwell Logix 5000
- Siemens S7-300
- Siemens S7-1500
- Rockwell RS View studio
- Win CC flex
- Win CC comfort
- Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, both in the UK and overseas.
- Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Customer focussed with excellent communication skills and a successful track record of developing customer relationships.