Kevin Edward Executive Search provides executive recruitment consultancy to niche market sectors,
both within the UK and Internationally. Find out more…
Head of Microbiology Lab Group
Location: United Kingdom
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
Our client is global lab testing group specialising in the chemistry and microbiology analysis across a number of different markets. They employ over 10,000 people globally, they are UKAS accredited, and they are known for the level of quality and integrity of their service offering. The Head of Microbiology will report directly to one of the company’s Directors, and the person recruited would be a key potential successor for higher level management and leadership positions in the future too.
The role will lead a team of technical experts at be responsible for driving innovation, reliability, quality, and developing new methods. The role will in essence be mostly an operational leadership position, focusing on managing the P&L, driving efficiency, workforce planning and forecasting, looking for areas to make operational improvements. This business is one with a great deal of potential for growth, and the opportunity to grow/manage multiple sites and locations is clear.
❖ Experience managing a food microbiology laboratory
o Full understanding of the equipment and methods
❖ P&L / budget management experience
❖ Experience with cost management, performance management, and able to find efficiencies within a microbiology lab business.
❖ Experience dealing with Key Customers and Accounts, ability to communicate effectively with clients to explain data and performance.
❖ Able to problem solve and root cause analyse issues in data.
❖ Understanding, and experience in completion, of non-conforming work process and investigative reviews.
❖ Excellent Communication, leadership skills to direct and develop a diverse workgroup
❖ Strong rapport building skills to establish strategic alliances, internally & externally
People Management Responsibilities
• Drive performance through setting clear and regular performance expectations/goals conversations
• Promote employee engagement and cohesive team development. Leading by example.
• Create and drive a high- performance culture focusing on exceeding customer expectations
• Take charge in releasing potential of the team
• Effectively manage customer communication and views, including Key Account Management
• Provide market intelligence and focus for additional customers and sales
• Build productive, sustainable Customer relationships
Quality Management Systems:
• Ensure laboratories comply with all Accreditation requirements
• Comply with training requirements including personal development
• Develop initiatives and ongoing innovation for a continuous improvement culture.
• Ensure Health & Safety requirements are continuously met.
• Manage and take accountability for the allocated laboratories P&L strategies.
• Manage financial administration and procedures, including provision of performance data and reporting.
• Act on insight generated by financial and non-financial reporting to drive performance
• Forecast and review P&L performance against monthly & long-term revenue/profit/margin targets.
To discuss, contact James on James.Smethurst@KevinEdward.co.uk or call +447568056208 for more details.