Newcastle upon Tyne
£40000 - £46000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Full benefits package
Medical & Life Sciences
Our client is one of the leading UK laboratories for materials science, characterisation, identification of unknowns, and high-end materials analysis. They have a wide range of analytical capabilities which include; spectroscopy, imaging, separation science, x-ray analysis, molecular spectroscopy, chemical analysis, microscopy, materials characterisation, thermal analysis, particle sizing, and tribology.
They are currently recruiting for a BDM to lead their commercial development and to promote their services throughout the UK. Whilst this is a commercial role, an understanding of solution sales, and an appreciation for the science behind this analytical service is a must - this can be in an academic background, in a technical/research background, or having worked in sales for another laboratory within an allied field.
Our client is one of the global powerhouses of the TIC space, they are well known for their capability, the level of technical integrity which comes with the service they provide, and for the excellent support which is provided by their management, marketing, administration, and sales support teams.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Identify and pursue key potential business opportunities through research, networking and prospecting.
- Achieve personal targets for conversion of new business.
- Maintain complete updated status of all information relating to contacts, meetings and accounts, updating CRM databases as appropriate.
- Maintain effective ongoing communications with customers and colleagues.
- Maintain a visible Sales Plan and effective 4-8 week rolling visit plan
- Communicate emerging or changing trends as well as any issues which may impact present/future sales.
- Optimise the businesses visibility and presence in the market place, enhancing the penetration of key potential and existing customers.
- Along with the Laboratory Manager and current BDE, lead and direct the marketing throughout the UK and Europe
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous track record of sales success, ideally with another laboratory, but other consultative/solution based sales experience may be considered.
- Ability to generate business leads, quotations and contact whether in the office or on the road.
- Previous experience of CRM's for monitoring sales, contacts, meetings etc and proficiency in Office packages such as Word and Excel.
- Be able to work within a KPI driven environment (IE; number of contacts, number of visits, quotations issued, conversions, work won)
- Ability to maintain a client/visit populated calendar over a continuous 4-6 week cycle with 25 - 30 site visits expected within this time period.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships within both internally as well as externally.
- Prepared to travel to clients, prospects and other sites. It is expected that 3-4 days out of 5 will be out on the road and intermittent international travel may be required.