SDM - SHA_1554452052
East Riding of Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + CAR
Engineering & Industrial
Metal Waste Management & Recycling
Role: Safety and Health Advisor
Location: Northern England
£35k - £40k Basic. Pension 7%, Phone, Laptop and Car.
My client is a global leader in the Management of Metal Waste & Recycling.
They are looking for a Safety and Health Advisor to support the Health & Safety function across the North of England. The role has the objective of supporting the Safety and Health Manager and the business as a whole to enable a Zero Harm workplace.
- Provide support and assistance for the continual improvement in Health and Safety, consistent with the UK Metals Safety and Health Management System.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety initiatives, including training consistent with the overall UK Metals division's objectives
- Support safety and health compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations
- Provide support and assistance to the Safety and Health Manager to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and Company policy.
- Assist in maintaining awareness of best practice in the health and safety areas
- Ensure that safety audits, risk assessments, job cycle checks and Safety Conversations are carried out with the required frequency across all the sites and that safety plans are up-to-date.
- Help identifying health and safety training needs and competency requirements
- Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety, Community and Sustainability
- Sound working knowledge of current UK Health and Safety legislation and awareness of other relevant EU Directives / Regulations and UK Legislation.
- NEBOSH / IOSH or similar certifications and affiliations preferred, but not essential.
- Experience in the heavy industry, e g construction, manufacturing, waste management, facilities management. Waste Management preferred, but not essential.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your current CV with a covering letter stating your suitability for the role.