Kevin Edward Executive Search provides executive recruitment consultancy to niche market sectors,
both within the UK and Internationally. Find out more…
Sales Director – Mechanical Testing
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
Our client is one of the world’s fastest growing TIC market organisations, it is well known for its impressive growth and commitment to quality and integrity. They have identified the need to appoint a Sales Director to lead the commercial sales, business development, and account management functions leading a team of 12 with revenue responsibility in this division of the business. They are looking for someone to mentor and further build the team to drive best practice and a culture of commercial excellence, in addition to implementing the systems and processes required to support the ongoing development and professionalization of the commercial side of the business.
The primary function of the Sales Director is leading and engage the commercial team, coaching the individuals to drive profitable growth both within current customer base and new prospects, to look for ways to continuously increase customer satisfaction, drive productivity and achieve/exceed strategic objectives. The ideal candidate should display and cascade an Enterprise mentality and create a positive/motivated environment for their team. This business is one with a great deal of potential for growth, and the opportunity to progress within the organisation is clear.
Essential duties & responsibilities
• Lead and contribute to the generation of the Sector’s strategic plans, working with other functional leads and business heads to ensure alignment with the current financial planning cycles.
• Create and routinely review performance against the annual Sales Plan.
• Ensure team resource is aligned with the Go To Market strategyrk
• Seek out and support new partnership/alliance opportunities and undertake the initial business assessment for alignment with the Group, Sector and Divisional strategies/objectives.
• Grow market presence by identifying and exploiting new opportunities through service extensions and leveraging the capabilities of the wider group.
• Identify and propose geographical expansions through M&A or green field opportunities.
• Prepare market assessment studies, business cases and execute plans for new business opportunities, including contributing to capital request proposals.
• Lead the generation of effective market analysis across the division, ensuring that the right data is available in a timely manner - undertaking & co-ordinating geographical, market segment and analysis of the customer operational requirements, to develop effective market penetration strategies.
• Provide positive leadership and representation to the public, customers, vendors, and to all employees through membership in professional organizations, serving on company project teams, conducting employee meetings and visiting work areas and interacting with employees.
• Ensure sales team uses desired behaviours and actions to execute the sales strategy.
• Drive proactive positive enterprise sales approach through the commercial organization.
• Achieve rollup sales goals through effective coaching, leadership, and management of direct reports.
• Coach individuals within the team to determine best course of action to advance sales opportunities.
• Engage other team members where required to help advance opportunities.
• Partner with Operations to have seamless execution.
• Assess direct reports and provide them with the tools necessary to improve required skills and competencies.
• Ensure the sales resources are prioritizing highest opportunity accounts.
• Drive quotation management team to adhere to customer requirement.
• Drive new customer acquisition and penetration.
• Manages a sales team (which can consist of Business Development Directors, Business Development Managers and Business Development Associates), Inside Sales Manager(s) and Quotation Management Team.
• Developing direct reports
• Building effective teams
• Managing and measuring work
• Managing vision and purpose
• Managerial courage
• Organizational agility
• Drive for results.
• Works successfully with multiple stakeholders.