Construction & Infrastructure
Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Industry: Construction - Facades and Building Envelopes (Glass, Steel and Aluminium)
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Experts in the design and construction of bespoke steel and glass structures, façades and complex building envelopes made from glass, steel, aluminium and other high-tech materials. For many years this company has invested in equipment, technology and R+D in order to develop and deliver groundbreaking projects, providing the highest level of quality and performance to its clients.
Design of lightweight metal and glass structures for architectural applications (Senior Engineer).
- Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimum supervision.
- Review technical specifications, codes and standards.
- Conceptual design of structures, connections and details.
- Development of complex numerical simulations (global models and 3D detailed models).
- Structural design of steel and glass structures.
- Thermal and energy performance analysis of cladding components.
- Coordination with the design team by means of drawings, 3D models, reports and specifications.
- Generation of accurate engineering documentation for review by the client/project team/control agencies.
- Determination of fabrication requirements: Tolerances, production controls…
- Development of method statements: Construction phases.
- Specification and execution of physical tests (internal and external labs).
- Technical supervision of the fabrication and on-site assembly: Factory inspections, site inspections and assistance to the site team.
- Providing support to the sales team: viability analyses, preliminary designs of structures and details, etc.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Civil or Structural Engineering degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of post-graduate experience in structural design of complex steel and glass structures.
- Proficient with construction codes and standards.
- Proficient in the use of advanced structural engineering software, such as RFEM, Robot, Strand 7 or equivalent.
- Experience with advanced simulation software, such as ANSYS, ABAQUS or equivalent.
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling software, such as Solidworks, Rhinoceros or equivalent.
- Proactive in proposing design improvements and solving problems.
- Excellent planning and organization skills, able to prioritise and deal with more than one project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, third- parties and project teams. Good communication skills, team player.
- Keen to share knowledge and contribute to the development of others.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Willing to travel frequently (approx. 5-10% of working time).
REWARD, BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Working in challenging projects with prestigious architects and engineering consultants.
- Competitive salary.
- Continuous professional and personal development. Training and new challenges.
- Open-minded, multicultural and work/life balanced working environment.