Testing, Inspection & Certification (TIC)
Technical Director – Business Assurance
Remote Based UK (Commutable to Derby When required)
We are working with a Global leading Testing, Inspection and Certification organisation to expand their Business Assurance team within the UK. This is a permanent position, that will be both field based and office based. We are looking for a highly technical, commercial and solution focused candidate that has excellent managerial and collaborative skills, to support the business through its next phase of development.
The core of the role is a supporting function across the entire Business Assurance division and will maintain oversight of all technical, quality, and competency-based excellence throughout the entire business and is responsible for ensuring technical function of the business is structured, equipped and able to deliver against objectives.
To develop a full understanding of the scope of the growth opportunities by building a strong relationship with the Business Development, Operations, and Delivery teams in order to further develop and implement the prioritised strategy according to market needs.
- People management duties of the technical team which include providing guidance, coaching and feedback on technical and interpersonal capabilities of the team. Enabling a problem-solve mindset.
- Meeting the basic people management requirements: timely submissions of expenses, mandatory training, managing & tracking holidays, having 10X Journey conversations, setting goals/KPIs, ensuring fairness across the team, timely cascade of relevant communications, escalations of broader issues, resolving conflict etc.
- Ultimate oversight of all accreditation and industry program approvals
- Oversight of all auditor and subcontractor competencies
- Ensure an effective training and qualification program for new auditors, auditors entering new schemes and auditors subject to scheme updates is in place.
- Maintaining the quality and qualifications of our auditors and our service to meet business demands
- Work with the BA Innovation team to drive the implementation of new accredited and unaccredited schemes operated out of the business.
- Take the lead in resolving escalated customer complaints and appeals where a technical issue is prevalent and perform trends to drive quality continual improvements.
- Support the establishment of training and maintenance of technically competent team including Sales, Lead Auditors (including subcontractors), internal auditors, audit schedulers, audit reviewers and coordination staff in basic accreditation requirements and GMS as it applies to the respective function.
- Participate in global account planning as needed by the business territory.
- Helping with expansion by assist with quoting of special (non-routine) jobs and aiding the preparation of Sales presentations when required, identifying additional services, generating insight and trends
- The provision of assistance to the Global Technical Sector Managers and Regional Technical Sector Managers.
- End to end delivery of detailed audits of client premises, management systems and practices against pre-determined Standards
- Act as Client Manager for defined key accounts, ensuring co-ordination of audit programmes, and audit teams to provide a consistent approach
- Maintain skills and knowledge relevant to the technical disciplines. Suitable training courses and learning opportunities will be identified through the personal development process
- Delivers superior customer service, seeks continuous improvement in a drive for excellence and be a positive company representative to customers
- Personal delivery of complex audit programs
Developing and maintain strong relationships across the entire business will be critical for the incumbent to be successful. Key relationships to be developed include but are not limited to: -
- Business Line Leader
- Country Managing Director
- Global Business Line Technical and Program Managers
- Global Business Line leader
- Customers (new and existing) including executive level decision makers
- Country Managed Business Lines in other countries
- Business Partners in enabling functions, such as finance, marketing and HR
- Degree or equivalent (beneficial)
- At least 10 years combined experience in relevant work environment e.g. design, implementation and continual improvement of a range of supplier management schemes; system assessments and certifications, standards development and audit.
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholder groups (Accreditation Bodies, standard owners, etc.).
- Strong understanding of both Management System Certification and CSR Audit Delivery
- Proven track record of pro-active client facing program development