£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus
Position: Test Engineer (Embedded Devices)
Location: Reading based with European and International travel required
Reports To: Test Engineering Manager
Salary: £35-40k basic + bonus
A diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Providing products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has five business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems and Controls with approximately 11,000 employees across North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Test Engineer for the Test Engineering position requires a person with a passion for technology to drive product verification and test automation methodology development for company products. As a Test Engineer, the candidate will play a key role in supporting test processes, testability and general test infrastructure, tools, and methodologies for use across the company's Platform and product portfolio as well as bring new products to market by performing test and validation activity on fast paced multi-disciplinary product development teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or
- Perform In-region/Production testing on the different device's software variants using as close as production setup.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track
- Maintain databases of known test
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential
- Participate in product spec reviews, code reviews, design, triage, scheduling, and other product development process
- Help improve the team's test tools and test
- Documentation and archiving of test results. Includes report generation, administration and maintenance of electronic and hardcopy archives and organization of product storage.
- Perform Debugging and Root Cause Analysis of component failures and customer reported
- Desirable/Optional (+Plus):
- Experience maintaining test automation, Regression
- Develop Automation scripts for various device emulators, simulators and controller
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests.
- Familiarity with electronic payment systems and industry a
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 3+ years' experience with QA/Test Engineering: Feature testing,
- Working level programming language
- Experience developing or testing Linux software applications. Embedded system design, debug, and testing in an Embedded Linux / RTOS
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, )
- Git, Jira or similar version control and bug tracking
- Passion for
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience developing Automation scripts in Robot Framework is a
- Understands 2G, 3G, 4G and LAN networking and troubleshooting.
- Has worked in Agile environment
- Experience working for Network companies so has in depth knowledge of the radios, networks and troubleshooting of these.
- Needs methodical product testing and troubleshooting knowledge
- Travel to different European regions to test the pre-released software will be required as a part of this job. Expected travel close to 25% of time but not limited to this number. (Required as per release schedule)
- Attention to Detail, experience providing analytical, problem solving, research, and time management
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day- to-day
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) - to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and other
- Excellent ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines. The role requires the execution of multiple projects in
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation and process
- Good level of expertise with spreadsheets (Excel preferred) and word processing (Word preferred); ability to access information using automated systems (e.g., windows based computer).