North Sea / UK / Europe / World
- We are a manufacturer for severe service and valves (high temperature, very low temperature, high pressure, abrasive/erosive/corrosive materials).
- We manufacture valves for Oil & Gas and Mining Sectors mainly.
- We are a world leader in valves for cryogenic application.
- 95% of turnover is for export Business, 80% outside Europe.
- We have another 15 sales offices worldwide.
Based on a newly worked strategic plan, we have found that our sales need to increase in Upstream, Downstream and LNG. We are relatively known in topsides but barely known in subsea. With the aim of strengthening this, we need an Upstream Sector Manager. We have developed a subsea valves range and need a support to market it.
Main tasks of the Upstream salesman:
- Develop Upstream Market in North Sea for Valves (we have references but it has not been our main market). This is establishing the contacts and afterwards taking care of the accounts.
- Visit customers (their people in charge of the Upstream Segment only) in the complete added value chain: End Users, EPCs, Distributors, Prescription companies. Analyse their needs and chase all the opportunities that might arise.
- Develop and bring the contacts from these customers
- Generate Sales Feeds.
- Follow the complete sales process:
Bid no bid first filtering, offer Follow up, customer negotiations, getting last call opportunity with customers, order follow up, payments…
- Collaborate with HQ engineering department, offer management department etc. in order to seek the best possible solution for the customer.
- Achieve Sales Targets coming from HQ.
- Reporting relationship: reporting directly to HQ.
- What he/she shall do: follow the complete Sales Process and Business Development within the Upstream Market.
- What he/she shall not do: this employee shall not be in charge of preparing the offers, this task will be done in HQ.
The employee should work on home office basis, when not visiting customers.
- Being able to establish long lasting relationships with different type of customers and environments (technical departments, purchase dept.)
- Salesman profile.
- Persistent: strength to make things move forward and keep fighting
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to look for the right people within the customer’s organizations in order to achieve the targets.
- Ability to work independently.
- Target oriented.
- Ability to listen to other people.
Professional Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 8 years in the Oil & Gas Business dealing with valves or related to piping equipment.
- Sales experience.
- Customer Care experience.
- Upstream Segment experience; if the potential employee knows key people in different customers dealing with the Upstream Business this will be advantageous.