£13 - £16 per hour + Overtime, Pension & Life Assurance
Construction & Infrastructure
Workshop Engineer - Plant Machinery
Location - Hertfordshire
Salary - £13-16 per Hour DOE, plus Overtime (at time and a half), Pension, Life Assurance, 22 Days Holiday and other benefits.
Our client is a leading construction & industrial machinery dealer in the South East of England and from their strategically placed centres across the region, they provide full sales, service and parts support to their clients.
They are constantly investing in new technology, premises, training and development programmes, which means they can effectively and professionally respond to the ever changing requirements of the world.
Role - Workshop Engineer - Plant Machinery - Hertfordshire:
The business is currently in a position to hire an additional Workshop Engineer based in the Hertfordshire depot, to provide support to thier range of machinery at the respective depot with a primary focus on keeping the machinery in peak operating condition through scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections.
As part of the Service department and reporting into the Workshop Foreman, you main responsibilities will include:
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment
- General Engineering duties which include working at height, beneath and within all machines.
- Repairing and maintaining machines using lifting equipment supplied.
- Driving and moving of machines inside and outside of the workshop.
- Servicing of a wide variety of machines within the workshop.
- Complete job cards to a high standard promptly and within a given timeframe.
- Complete paperwork and timesheets in a timely manner.
- Request parts efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Supervise other workshop engineers, when required, to ensure that a high quality of work and safe working procedures are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with relevant procedures when repairing and inspecting equipment.
- Ensure work/personal equipment complies with all safety standards.
- Maintain control of warranty parts returns to the parts department.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Carrying out all work practices in line with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- All Engineers must ensure that their own tools are safe and legal to use.
Candidate - Workshop Engineer - Plant Machinery - Hertfordshire:
The ideal applicant will need to demonstrate the following:
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to service a wide range of heavy tracked plant machines
- Ability to investigate & diagnose technical problems, which involve climbing on top & underneath the heavy plant machinery.
- Excellent verbal, written and critical thinking skills
- Interpersonal relationships/ customer awareness/ commercial awareness
- Ability to work without supervision